> In the wonderful world of personal opinion, setting the primary content
> font-size to suit your preference, rather  than  users preference does not
> "look okay" to me.
> Nor I'm not crazy about trying to decipher or read anything in print-media
> or on the Web that is red, white, and blue.
> A line-measure of 85 percent of the screen will be difficult for users
> with very wide widows.

Thanks for your response David.
http://www.drdelmath.com/special_topics/function/functions_quadratic_properties.htm
You frequently make similar comments about font-size.  I started with
font-size at 100% in the body and then set the other font sizes relative to
that by using em measurements.  I thought that would honor user preferences.
How do you suggest I set font-size?

Do you object to the use of colors in textual material or just the choice of
colors?  The colors in this document do serve a purpose and are consistent
with the use of red and blue throughout the site.
If not with colors, how would you highlight term being defined and/or
content identifier?

What do you suggest for line-measure? If I don't set right and left margins
on the body, then it is worse for wide screens.  If I set larger margins,
then it is bad for folks with smaller screens.  What is the appropriate
compromise?  It seems to me that those of us with large monitors should
change the size of our browser to fit our preference.

As a result of your other response I cranked up my old machine and looked at
the page again in IE6.  I could shrink the browser window width to about an
inch and the words in the header stayed centered above the content.  So what
is the difference between your and my setup of IE6?

Thanks again.  Look forward to your response.

Del