--- On Wed, 7/23/08, Sharon Go <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I seem to have a knack of finding odd bugs...

This is certainly a new one on me, too.

> I have a mandate to add a simple <h2> inside the dt
> of a definitions list.

> So I added the h2. And for some weird reason, FF dumps the
> h2 *outside* the dt!!
>
> http://goxsha.googlepages.com/dl-test-file.htm

I think the reason is, as you have implied, that a dt can only (legally)
contain inline elements. The behaviour is still slightly bizarre, though: FF
literally rearranges the DOM, placing the h2 as the following sibling of the
dt, which is 'at least as invalid', since a dl can only contain dt and dd child
elements.

Despite the strange handling, the question still has to be: why on earth is
anyone telling you that you must place an h2 inside a dt?

- Bobby