Christopher wrote:
> Jim Nannery wrote:
>
>> Afternoon Christopher
>>
>> You wrote
>>

>>> Over the course of the past few days, I have asked numerous questions
>>> about my site.  Now I know I'm not a CSS\HTML guru but I have learned
>>> a lot from the people of this list, enough to have a much stronger
>>> understanding. I'm just trying to solve two or three more problems and
>>> although it is
>>> benificial to have a understanding of CSS and HTML, I feel I have that
>>> understanding, >
>>>
>>> snipped out a bit here
>>>
>> You need to validate your CSS every time you post a new page.  You
>> currently [1] have two errors; one that may be having an effect your
>> #flashbox.
>>
>> It was pointed out in a earlier thread [2] that you *cannot use*
>> negative padding.  You have padding-top -12px on #flashbox and
>> padding-left -12px on <h1>....
>>
>> I does make *me*  wonder if you *understand*  CSS as well as *you*
>> think you do.....
>>
>> Keep plugging away at it..... it's a struggle worth waging....
>>
>> Best
>>
>> [1] http://www.walkfar.ca/test/productionsite14.html
>> [2]
>> http://lists.css-discuss.org/mailman/private/css-d/2008-July/089210.html
>>
>> Jim Nannery
>> www.gotbeebar.com
>>

> Alright, I cleaned up all my errors.  Now how could I possible get that
> #flash box to move more to the left
> but keep it whereas the #topbar does not break when the browser is
> resized as it was doing previously ?

I think I realized the problem, I have the #flashbox in a <div id> could
this be the cause of the problem?
Referring to using floats, to have everything float around to eliminate
my {body} #topbar that gets cut off
when I don't use floats.  You are suppose to be able to position the
floated element using margins on the page or padding
neither of them work.