James E. Darfler wrote:
> Not quite right for me. The names may not have a corresponding photo and the
> photos may not have a corresponding bio. There isn't a one to one here.
>
> As for keeping the tables, it's what I have been using but I would change to
> a more css format if that would work better. Could you steer me in the right
> direction?

Well, tables and CSS are not mutually exclusive. That is, they can be
used together, though using them for layout is generally frowned upon by
the CSS Overlords.

You could certainly keep your tables and style them to some extent using
CSS. Your tables, however, are in place to supply a certain layout, in
place of using CSS. They are failing to do that and that issue lies with
the source. In short, because you are using tables for layout, your
issue has to be resolved at the source level (where the tables are
coded) and not at the style level (where CSS is introduced).

I'm not sure why you're so quick to write off the ul based solution. Why
not use a "no-photo-available" graphic for actors who have't provided a
headshot, and use a span in lieu of an anchor for actors who haven't
provided a bio or resume? This would give you a greater separation of
content and presentation.