Ron Koster wrote:
> At 02:20 PM 1/14/2009 -0500, Bill Brown wrote:
>> Well, tables and CSS are not mutually exclusive. That is, they can
>> be used together, though using them for layout is generally frowned
>> upon by the CSS Overlords.
>
> I'm not sure who these Overlords are, but I presume they're the ones
> referred to when people say that "They say..." or "They think...",
> without actually specifically naming who it is that "they" are. ;)

I have no idea who they are either, and finding out is off-topic on this
list. We're here because we need or are able to provide help to solve
CSS related problems, and advance the use of efficient, CSS based,
design solution.

If you're been around here since last July, then you've probably noticed
that some of us - myself included - add a few of our very own thoughts
here and there. If you find them useful - fine, if not - ignore. It's as
simple as that.

> Just some thoughts -- I'm certainly interested, of course, in how
> others feel about these things.

If it works for you - and the visitors to the sites you've created, then
it's fine with me.

If the problems you have are directly related to / caused by the methods
you use, then responders will of course have to point that out and may
feel the need to suggest other methods.

> Assuming I get the nerve up to post the problems I have, they're all
> typographically related, but each relate to differing problems I'm
> having. They all came to my attention because of one page that I'm
> working on (but which relates to how I've done things on virtually
> all of my sites), but should I post all my questions -- relating to
> this one page -- in one post here, or should I submit separate posts
> for each separate issue?

If they're all present in one page, you may as well point to all of them
in one post. Problems tend to be related.

So, unless it runs into several dozen different problems; list them up
in one post, one by one in ways so they're easy to spot. We can always
split up the list in more manageable chunks once we see what it's all about.

regards
        Georg
--
http://www.gunlaug.no