I've create a scrollable table by surrounding the table with:
<DIV style="width: 600; overflow: auto;">

The table contains a variable number of thumbnail images.

It seems like the only way I can get table to be "clipped" properly and
scroll is to give a pixel length to the width of the DIV.

I thought I could use:
<DIV style="width: 100%; overflow: auto;">
and I was expecting that the table would fill the width of the browser
and then scroll horizontally when necessary. But what happens is the
table expands out to the size needed to display all the images in the
row of the table and in most cases causing the entire browser to gain a
horizontal scroll bar.

I hate making anything a hard width because you never know how wide a
browser will be, but I can't get scrolling to work well with a
percentage width.

Any thoughts?

--
Jim Albert