Delos Woodruff wrote:
>>> I'm not sure what distinction you make between "fluid" and
>>> "elastic", so
>>>

> I just wanted to mention that I've seen elastic as widths defined by
> ems, fluid by percents and fixed set by pixels.
>
> -Delos

So have I and sometimes use same.
There is a distinct advantage to the min/max width method employing px,
em, percent widths. A page, for example, will have a readable
line-measure /on landing/-- regardless of the users monitor size or
window she has open in it. Nevertheless, there is no "one-size-fits-all"
layout that will accommodate /every/ personal or client need.  The
choice of layout, and its method for setting width, depends on what you
or your client happen to be pimping or pushing. As we move closer toward
CSS3 (and beyond) the number of choices for layout construct in working
the Web will grow...