Hi All,
I'm a beginner at web design, so.... What I'd like to do on one web page
is to display a portfolio of pictures of buildings. I envision: On the
left hand side of the page to have a list of building addresses, with
each address followed by a list of numbers 1,2,3, and etc. Then the
whole right hand side of the page will be for an image. My goal is for
the user to click a number on the left side of the page, and then see a
corresponding image appear on the right side of the page. I understand
allot of people use this technique with thumbnails, but I don't have the
room on the page for thumbnails, plus I like the number concept.

I can probably float things around using CSS on my own, but I don't know
the code to get the clickable number to active an image all on one page.
Can anyone help?

best,
brian

------------------------

Brian,

I have two galleries on a site I do that sounds like what you want. I
uses thumbnails, but I think you could use numbers instead.

Take a look at http://www.gardenworks-wny.com/gallery.php and
http://www.gardenworks-wny.com/gallery_fs.php.

You can use Firebug to get the xhtml & css. You are welcome to use it if
you think it will work or you. I got the idea from another site so it is
not original to me.

Best,
Scott Brasted
Brasted House Creative Ideas