Brian Curran wrote:
> Hi All,
> I'm a beginner at web design, so.... What I'd like to do on one web page is
> to display a portfolio of pictures of buildings. I envision: On the left hand
> side of the page to have a list of building addresses, with each address
> followed by a list of numbers 1,2,3, and etc. Then the whole right hand side
> of the page will be for an image. My goal is for the user to click a number
> on the left side of the page, and then see a corresponding image appear on
> the right side of the page. I understand allot of people use this technique
> with thumbnails, but I don't have the room on the page for thumbnails, plus I
> like the number concept.
>
> I can probably float things around using CSS on my own, but I don't know the
> code to get the clickable number to active an image all on one page. Can
> anyone help?
>
> best,
> brian

Hmm.

If you mean, for example, you want an addresses,  and different images
for that address to appear on the same page when you click the
respective digit,  then this can be done using (x)html/css "iframe(s)."
This is legal (valid) with an (x)html Transitional or HTML 5  doctype.

Or, it is often done dynamically (as in behavior), with a scripting
language (javascript, for example). But, programming,  is off-topic for
this list.

If you can live with clicking to individual pages, each with a different
image, then straight (x)html/css will work just fine.
This is a simple example of that:

html
<http://chelseacreekstudio.com/dl/temp/>
css