At 11:16 PM -0400 8/14/09, David Laakso wrote:
>Hello,
>
>My name is Frederic. I work alone and could use some feedback. I have
>this sort-of semi-comprehensive site layout. You might say it is a work
>in progress. Or, you might not say that. Either way, your comments and
>suggestions are always welcome.
><http://chelseacreekstudio.com/dl/index.php>
>
>Best,
>Frederic G.

~d:

All you artsy people speak in a language that's beyond me -- I'm just
a meat and potato guy with all my taste in my mouth.

But from my perspective, simple as it is, I like your "work in
progress". I like it better than the numbered presentation that
Westmoreland presented last month.

Plus I like exploring about the page finding things like "PORTFOLIO"
fading into the background, and a bottom-center horizontal menu that
mimics the vertical one at the top-left, and a neat little logo I
would pay in a art show to see -- all of which provide interest and
balance.

My only concern is that when a user clicks a page to see the product,
there's no easy return back to where they came other than clicking
the back button on their browser -- that's like telling someone after
they cross a beautiful bridge that it's only one-way and they have to
swim back.

In any event, if the point of the exercise is to demonstrate your
talent in creating tasteful web presence, then you've accomplished
that.

Cheers,

tedd
--