Hello,

I am doing a make over of a large site. There is a lot of tweaking.

I use firebug and the webkit dev tools (and even the IE dev tools sometimes)
but I'm looking for something different.

When I go over my stylesheets to clean them up and organize them in a way
that's comprehensible to me at least, I sometimes wonder why I have this rule.
I use some classes and ids for the selectors when I can't figure out how to do
otherwise, but I mostly try to avoid having them all over the place. When the
stylesheet starts getting a bit long I find that the reason for a rule isn't
always totally obvious and it sometimes takes me a while to remember or figure
out where it is used. I also want to avoid putting comments everywhere.

I would like a tool that takes a rule and goes through my pages and gives me a
report on where the rule is actually really used.

So if it isn't used anywhere anymore (most likely because I changed something
somewhere) I will be able to remove it safely.

Does this make sense? Does such a tool exist?

Ellen