On 12/31/2010 2:00 PM, Guy K. Haas wrote:
On Fri, December 31, 2010 10:49 am, Chris F.A. Johnson wrote:
On Sat, 1 Jan 2011, Alan Gresley wrote:

On 1/01/2011 4:27 AM, Gabriele Romanato wrote:
I know but I'm in a hurry... preparing for the New Year night.... :-D

<http://css-class.com/test/css/3/css3-menu-tipsy.htm>

Very rushed transforms with transitions, hiccup.

     Nice and snappy in Firefox, but slow as molasses in Opera.

I'm not sure if CSS animations or transforms will ever be viable unless and until browser rendering engines are re-written from the ground up to support them smoothly. Some folks might not care that a design looks "rough around the edges", but it would never pass muster with a good designer. We've been playing around with CSS3 effects, but not transitions/transformations. Here's a quick example:

http://www.projectseven.com/peeks/tpm2/demos/

And another:
http://www.projectseven.com/peeks/tpm2/demos/page5.htm

--