On 1/01/2011 6:00 AM, Guy K. Haas wrote:
On Fri, December 31, 2010 10:49 am, Chris F.A. Johnson wrote:
[snip]
     Nice and snappy in Firefox, but slow as molasses in Opera.

Also slow in Chrome.

Reloaded and faster.

<http://css-class.com/test/css/3/css3-menu-tipsy.htm>

What I do note is that a transparent background image (whitish) that zooms across the ul#navigation is rendered above the border of the element. I can't explain why but I like the affect.

Even though this is CSS3 driven, I would really like to use an inner <span>.

One reason is to allow :focus for keyboard users.

--
Alan http://css-class.com/