> http://lettershop.ehclients.com/visual_diary_archive
>
> My issue is that the font weight is heavier in the browser than it looked in
> our photoshop comp. Is there any way, using CSS, to get the font weight to
> look lighter (less bold)? Or do I just explain to the designer that the way
> text looks in photoshop is different from how it looks in a browser?

Are you using the Mac Photoshop? If so, the issue might be because of
Apple's approach to sub-pixel font smoothing -- see:
http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/2007/06/font-rendering-respecting-the-pixel-grid.html
.
I don't know how Photoshop renders fonts in Windows, I use GIMP on Linux.

Btw, I think Neuton looks great. The issues described by Phillip are
due to Windows' horrible rendering of @font-face embedded fonts.
Windows XP, Vista and 7 do not correctly apply font smoothing to
embedded fonts. The issue affects all browsers on the windows
platform. Linux does not have this issue.
One possible work around for this is to apply the proprietary Alpha
image loader filter to elements that contain embedded fonts. However,
this inconsistently works and it is only for IE. I don't think it is
worth the effort. See:
http://allcreatives.net/2009/12/05/smoother-font-face-embedding-in-ie-7-8/

So for now, it looks like one has to just accept the fact that
embedded fonts wont look good in Windows

~Chetan