On 12/30/10 3:45 PM, Rory Bernstein wrote:
Hi,

I am using a google-hosted embedded web font called Neuton:
http://code.google.com/webfonts/family?family=Neuton&subset=latin

Here is a coded page that uses it. See left column (nav menu), the top-category
text (the serif text, not the san serif), that is bigger. The text that reads:
recent, design, design for real estate, contact. That is the neuton text.

http://lettershop.ehclients.com/visual_diary_archive

My issue is that the font weight is heavier in the browser than it looked in
our photoshop comp. Is there any way, using CSS, to get the font weight to look
lighter (less bold)? Or do I just explain to the designer that the way text
looks in photoshop is different from how it looks in a browser?

Thanks! And Happy New Year,
Rory

Ditch Neuton.
Go to Font Squirrel.
<http://www.fontsquirrel.com/>
Download Calluna and install it.
<http://www.fontsquirrel.com/fontface/generator>
Leave the font-weight as normal.
Changing it does not sit well cross browser.
Does this meet the "designers" approval?

Best,
~d

--
http://chelseacreekstudio.com/