At 6:01 PM +0000 1/5/11, Barney Carroll wrote:
Hiya Gabriele,

Your article confused me massively, and I found it incredibly difficult to
work out what you were trying to present. Based on your concluding line:

Even though this model differs greatly from the original OOP one, it's worth
 mentioning that its further applications are incredibly useful.

ŠWhat are you referring to as 'this model'? What's the difference? What is
'the original OOP one'? What 'incredibly useful' 'further applications' are
there?

<troll>
At the risk of sounding rude, I think it's harmful (especially to
impressionable list members who've signed up to learn about CSS - but
actually for anyone who is signed up for the purpose of offering or
receiving help on a specific subject) when somebody assumes an air of
authority and conflates application development methodologies with scripting
language namespacing formats; front-end web languages; and basic DOM
manipulations. There are some very serious, inexplicably bizarre,
misinformed connections going on there, and it's possible the only reason
they're not outright lies is because there are no clear ideas or facts in
your article. If you have any questions about any of these, there are plenty
of experts on this list to help out - was this in response to a question
(even one of your own, perhaps) or problem that you've faced recently?
</troll>

Regards,
Barney Carroll

+1

I teach college level OOP and I do not see the point of this article. IMO, this only confuses people trying to learn CSS. It even confused me.

In short, CSS is not rocket science, but rather a simple way to handle web styling. Keep it simple.

If one wants to consider all languages that can be considered in creating a web page and how the MVC may fit, then there's much more than html, css, and js to consider -- BUT -- that's for a different list.

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------