> Maybe I was too confident in the fact that the readers of this list were
> already familiar with OOP. Sorry for the weird feeling. I feel like
> apologizing know, so excuse me. bye :-)

Sorry Gabriele, didn't mean to bite your head off ;)

I'm interested in everything you mentioned in that article, and am only
really frustrated that I didn't understand a single part of it! I am very
familiar with MVC methodology and, to a lesser degree, OOP. I also believe
they have strong and long-overdue applications for webapps in the front-end
workflow, which is why I was interested — for instance, I've been making a
lot of use of jQuery's tmpl() function [1] recently, so that I can use
Javascript to define HTML templates as purely view components, and
retrieving the model in clean JSON format to introduce into said view.
That's interesting and new to me, but it's not really on-topic for this
list, and nobody was asking anyway — but it is just a sentence, and it
succinctly represents a methodology that's different from the norm.

As I said, I am interested and would like to understand your ideas on the
subject, but for my part the CSS aspect is the least interesting (for that
particular topic) ;) — however I can recommend the list @ evolt.org for more
generic web tech issues.

I do agree with you though, that I have a hard time relating that OOP model
> of MVC to the one mentioned in the blog post other than as a passing
> resemblance. The relationships between HTML, CSS, Javascript, and the
> Browser are not encapsulated like the OOP MVC, so to me that would not
> qualify it as an MVC model as it leaves out the main purpose of MVC. If it
> were true MVC, someone shouldn't be able to alter the appearance/view from
> Javascript/controller, and so on.

The example used Javascript to modify a DOM attribute. If this, which is
barely more than a single line of code, without context or even the hint of
an explanation of purpose, or a note on what it represents… Is deemed to
have 'a passing resemblance' to MVC… Then… I can't…  finish this sentence ;)

[1] http://api.jquery.com/category/plugins/templates/

Regards,
Barney Carroll

barney.carr...@gmail.com