On 4/7/11 2:09 PM, Geoff Lane wrote:
On Thursday, April 7, 2011, 9:42:17 PM, Philip Taylor (Webmaster,
Ret'd) wrote:

I don't know how you've produced that rotated panel, Chris, but it
doesn't render well here : ...
---

[...]
So, how does everyone else manage their testing? Do sites exist that
let you simulate your work's appearance in just about every browser
you're likely to meet?

Now you've done it! That's the $64,000 question - in 1970 dollars, to
boot. In my experience, just when I think I have covered enough
combinations, something seems to come and bite me.

Consider:
- All versions of IE, and all emulation modes act differently
- OS settings such as DPI and Clear Type may affect rendering a lot
- Browser settings come in many flavors, with multiple effects
- The same browser may act differently in Windows than on a Mac
- There are many OS settings and browser add-ons to aid accessibility
- Many new computers I have seen come badly adjusted out of the box
and I have yet to mention non-PC devices! Ain't CSS fun?

I wait with bated breath for a hail of silver bullets... :)
--
Cordially,
David