2013-06-28 19:34, Eric A. Meyer wrote:

In CSS terms, the user agent applies a style of 'a:link {color:
blue;}'.  (Where 'blue' really means $USER_PREFERENCE but CSS doesn't
have variables.  Yet.  We'll stick with blue since that's the most
common $USER_PREFERENCE.)

Modern browsers apply a:link { color: #0000ee }, which is also the "expected rendering" according to HTML5 drafts. I was surprised at noticing this, though the change makes sense in my opinion. One of the reasons for overriding such defaults has been that the default blue is too bright, too different from normal text color.

Of course, this is irrelevant to the example (where the point is that browsers normally have a default link color that prevents <a href=...> elements from inheriting color), but worth noticing otherwise.

Yucca