I think what the culprit here is that the code to expand and collapse is set to
the :hover.
Touch screens don't hover. they click, so the touch screens may be executing
the hover
because the button has to be hovered to click, but there is not a mouse per se
to take the hover away.
Looks like he needs to apply the css transition to a -webkit-touch (something
or other, can't remember the directive atm)
as well so it will recognize that a touch event happened on a phone instead of
a hover, but still have the hover for desktop.

Best,

Karl DeSaulniers
Design Drumm
http://designdrumm.com