Karl you are somewhat correct, I was informed to use this jQuery code;

1. <script>
2.        $("html").toggleClass("touch",  'ontouchstart' in
   document.documentElement )
3.        $(function(){
4. $(".x").on("touchstart", function(){ $(this).toggleClass("active") })
5.        // would be all the jQuery you need, if your class was "x".
6.              // It interacts with CSS similar to my one line example.
7.        })
8. </script>

Or this ? I was confused on which to use ? When tested it didn't work [Link to tested code <http://jsfiddle.net/WildWind/9o7y4w21/>]

1. :not(html.touch) .x:hover  , html.touch .x.active{ /* some /hover/
   css */ }

Christopher

Karl DeSaulniers <mailto:k...@designdrumm.com>
Saturday, November 29, 2014 8:04 PM
I think what the culprit here is that the code to expand and collapse is set to the :hover. Touch screens don't hover. they click, so the touch screens may be executing the hover because the button has to be hovered to click, but there is not a mouse per se to take the hover away. Looks like he needs to apply the css transition to a -webkit-touch (something or other, can't remember the directive atm) as well so it will recognize that a touch event happened on a phone instead of a hover, but still have the hover for desktop.

Best,

Karl DeSaulniers
Design Drumm
http://designdrumm.com

Friday, November 28, 2014 10:58 AM
Hi, the following effect <http://cssdeck.com/labs/navigation-dropdown-with-flip-effect> is not collapsing on iPhone and it's not opening or collapsing on WP8.x. I can't say whether it works on Android as I didn't test on Android ?

Christopher