-Caveat Lector-

Have you ever moved to a new place and had no job?  You look around and say,
"How can I make some money?  So you start joining organizations like
Kiwanis, Elks, PTA.  You think, "If I can make some contacts here, someone
will offer me a job."

I research history wherever I go--local "good ol' boy" stuff.  In Texas we
call it "bidness."  Look around you, Jim.  This is what the real conspiracy
is all about--making money for the wife and kiddies and in the process maybe
becoming a shining member of the community.  This is what the British class
system has always been.  Do something useful for the people who control the
investments of the monarch so you'll be knighted or recognized.  And how do
you control this network?  Through doling out funds.  Men who had the
financial acumen when our country was a baby were assigned to growing
communities in need of banks.  In Texas, corporate banks were illegal or too
expensive to acquire charters for, so individuals with backing established
grocery stores which made loans to anyone who wanted to go into business of
any kind in the area.  Collateral was primarily land and crops.  The local
banker/merchant only got a small piece of the profit, and he only was
allowed to have that if he kept the secret of who he got the original
capital from.  The secrets were maintained through lodges which were all
connected up back to the source.

This is all so simple and obvious.  But it's hard to believe because it
means the conspiracy is us.  People don't want to admit the things they do
for money and prestige.  It easier to put a cloak of altruism or religion
around it.  That's what the lodge does.  It allows the men who do the dirty
work to rationalize what they do.  They ask no questions.  All they want is
to impress their family.  And they pass their position in the lodge to their
own son.  Anybody who agrees to play by the rules can make a name for
himself.

Linda Minor