-Caveat Lector-

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>  I thought this issue was satisfactorily addressed, why is it that you are
> having a hard time with it?  Calling someone a hypocrite when they are one is
> not name calling it is merely telling it like it is.

The issue has not been addressed AT ALL, much less "satisfactorily."  Calling
someone a hypocrite WITHOUT A SHRED OF EVIDENCE is nothing by juvenile
name-calling.... and hasn't a damn thing to do with 'telling it like it is.'
However, I'm glad you jumped in here Teo10 or whatever... YOU point out the
inconsistency between what I say and what I do... Ball's in your court... jump on
it..

> Discussion of the Bible WHEN IT IS USED TO PROSELYTIZE, OR ARGUE BELIEFS, AND OR
> FAITH IS NOT APPROPRIATE FOR THIS LIST.

Then maybe you should remind your pal Kris of this rule... I certainly have not
violated it.. If so, show me where I used the bible to proseliytize... nor have I
urged anyone to believe it.. What I said was that calling something a "sin"
requires a bit more than mere personal opinion, and that the Southern people in
the mid 1800's looked to the bible as their source for determining right and
wrong.. If that isn't a fact, then YOU produce evidence to the contrary.. This is
beginning to sound like a broken record...

> Using the Bible in arguing CONSPIRACY THEORY is acceptable, or to try and
> support ideas that are related to conspiracy theory.

Have you reminded Kris of this rule?  Where is this rule posted?  Did you make it
up just now?

> You want to argue religious conspiracy, like how Paul, formerly known as Saul,
> becomes the chief proponent of "Christianity" and an Apostle when he never met
> the Lord, and worked so much evil against the nascent church, that is okay.
> You want to argue how Paul's writing contradict those of Jesus on a number of
> points, or perhaps how he seemed to have many friends in Rome and may not have
> suffered as he would have everyone believe, that is okay too.  Arguments that
> point out Paul's reliance upon the Mystery religions, such as Mithras and
> Attis worship for the main forms of religious expression in "Christianity"
> would also be acceptable.

Stupid, but anything goes...

> These are only examples of course, and many others would also have equal
> validity as things that might require the Bible to support the position.  No
> proselytizing is allowed, so questions of faith and belief are not acceptable.

blah, blah, blah.... give me a break!

> The reason that Kris is going into the Bible himself is that he is trying to
> illustrate the hypocrisy of Hawk in his statements regarding slavery.

And, I might add, he's doing a piss poor job... He hasn't found a singe passage or
verse ... and neither will you... Prove me wrong.

hawk