<<
    I admit I'm quite puzzled by your post. You say that I'm afraid of
 freedom, however you have produced nothing to support that claim. What I am
 afraid of is that more people, like my friend, will die because we all sit
 by plucking daisies and turning our heads to something we can work together
 to prevent. Also, you have said that a potential is not a crime. You're
 right, but..(this may shock you)...DRUNK DRIVING IS!!!!  It's illegal! You
 can't even have an open container in the car with you. That's the issue.
 And, again, I'll try and explain it to you in simple terms. I agree that if
 what you do does not harm anyone but yourself, by all means do it until you
 drop dead. That was not what I am saying. I'm saying that when your actions
 have negative impacts on those around you it becomes a problem. So please,
 everybody...stop thinking that I'm challenging freedom. I'm not! I'm only
 saying that there have been far to many good people cut down by drunk
 drivers. Something needs to be done. And, MJ, for you to even use the term
 "discrimination" in the same sentence as drunk driving is downright
 offensive.

I really don't want to interfere with this discussion, but MJ is correct when
he says that someone driving under the influence of alcohol should not be
labeled a criminal until he/she breaks the law.  Consider guns, should they be
outlawed because the person possessing one may use it to kill someone?  I
agree that if a drunk is driving and kills someone they are guilty and in my
opinion should be put to death.... this may stop someone who is planning to
drink and drive if the penalty is severe.  The same should be said for anyone
killing another.  I had an uncle who was nearly blind, yet he drove to the
store to pick up supplies once a month; he was much more dangerous than a
drunk driver, who can at least see a little.
     Putting drugs, alcohol, food whatever in your body should be your right,
it is your body and does not belong to the government.
     Did more people get killed with bullets in the days of the old west when
many people chose to carry guns, or do more people die as a result of gunfire
nowadays?
     Drugs were not illegal in the days of the old west. Did more die from
drugs back then than they do now?  Did anyone even know what pot was in 1938,
or did they know it by another name (hemp)?  (marijuana is the Spanish name
for hemp)
     Were there less alcoholics before prohibition or after?
Something to think about.

Regards,
Bob Stokes