-Caveat Lector-

MJ,

   It appears that, in an attempt to get to the bottom of this, we have
painted ourselves into a corner. This is the old "fire in a crowded theater"
argument. Having to choose which freedoms are scared and which are not.  And
I see your point, I really do. I'm not looking to get into some kind of
battle of wits with you (I know, because I'm unarmed. I'll save you the
trouble). I'll say this until I'm blue in the face, though. Driving drunk is
a proven killer. A drunk driver took the life of a close friend, so I know
all about it. Perhaps that's why I'm so heated up on the issue. Either way,
I'm not saying anything about the government, or executions, or internment
camps or anything of the sort. You brought that into the discussion. What I
am saying is that steps should be taken to PREVENT drunk driving. Education,
contracts for life, things like that. I'm not afraid of freedom, for the
last time. I AM afraid of dying, especially such a wasted and pointless
death as being run down by Joe Jock coming home from the Mellow Tiger after
a real bender.

JB