-Caveat Lector-

Of course some GI's committed crimes (murder, rape, mutilation) during the V.N.
War. Soldiers commit these acts in ALL wars. Such is the human condition and why
war is bad and should be avoided.

The V.N. War was wrong and stupid. It was one more phase of the Vietnamese war
of Independence, from the French, Japs, French and the finally the Americans who
stupidly replaced the French as wannabee colonialists.

When I first arrived in V.N. the anger by the average Vietnamese against all
these foreigners occupying their country was obvious. No different then
Americans would be up in arms at Vietnamese occupying their country, bombing
civilians on a daily basis and even worse - hogging all the best restaurants and
screwing all the prettiest women. (Much of the money the hookers and bar girls
earned went right to the V.C. - the intelligence supplied by general's
girlfriends helped kill many a poor GI.)

Johnson sent the regular Army into V.N. for one reason only, to cover his ass
politically because he desperately feared being accused by the Republicans for
'losing' Indo-China. Johnson's own records show he was told in 1964 V.N. was
unwinnable but he didn't care and gladly sacrificied 60,000 GI's and horribly
wounded
many 100,000's to cover his sorry South Texas bony ass. Not to mention the
enormous damage done to our economy with repurcussions still felt today.

Obviously nothing is learned. Our new Iraq 'splendid adventure' will cause equal
if not greater damage to our nation and again the criminal political class
responsible for these outrages will escape unscathed and enriched.
flw

www.ctrl.org