-Caveat Lector-

> Whatever the political reasons may have been for the war in Iraq,
> ultimately, it was the right thing to do. Now we have a much better
> chance at an endgame than we ever did enforcing international policies
> that were never designed to succeed. Do not forget that enforcing those
> policies also tied down tens of thousands of American troops, put them
> in harms way on a daily basis, and cost the American people a sum nearly
> as large as the $87 billion recently funded to help pay for the war. How
> was that, especially since it was an unending situation, better? If all
> else fails, now we can just leave and know that at least Iraq will not
> trouble us for some time to come.

The naiveté and simple mindedness of the above is disheartening.

It is incomphrehensible that any rational person could actually believe that
broken down, 4th rate disintegrating sand dune AKA Iraq could ever be a threat
to the awesome might of the US. Anyone so clueless and ill informed to actually
believe we invaded Iraq because of WMD should be barred for life from any voting
booth.

Anyone who truly believes the Iraq Misadventure will somehow free us from our
never ending immense worldwide commitment of 100's of BBBillions and thousands
of soldiers is too lacking in judgment to be permitted to cross the street
unescorted.

We have lost many more killed and wounded in the Iraq Debacle then at this stage
of the Viet Nam War.

The Iraq misadventure threatens to haunt this country for many years. We are
poised to waste at least a trillion dollars over the next 10 years (over $200
BBBillion to date and counting), kill and maim many thousands of innocent GI's
(and Iraqis) for no logical reason (except for oil and Israel).

It is absolutely clear the country was lied into another war, like it was lied
into Viet Nam. The feckless chickenhawks who lied us into this war should be
impeached, thrown from office and sent to Leavenworth for betraying the nation.

The D.C. Armchair Commandos will abandon Iraq because the American people will
not trade their monthly social security checks for a twisted Wilsonian
internationalist neo-con pipe dream. Rather then fulfilling the crazed utopian
neo-con pipe dream of 'democratizing the Middle East', we will be lucky not to
leave as our Iraq legacy a new terrorist's playground or a Fundamentalist, and
an even more  rabidly anti American Middle East. The fools in DC have played
into Bin Laden's hands. Every day GI's wander the sand in Iraq, hundreds of new
recruits are created for al Queda courtesy of Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz
and Pearle (sounds like a particularly obnoxious law firm).

I spent hard time in Viet Nam as an officer and rarely a gentlemen. I foolishly
thought at least we would learn hard lessons from that wasted, tragic event and
never again permit our country to go war under false pretenses.

Sadly I was wrong.
flw

www.ctrl.org