-Caveat Lector-

----- Original Message -----
From: Bob Stokes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> << Did the Chinese really steal significant nuclear secrets?  If so,
>  what are appropriate responses?  Nuke China?  Execute all Chinese
>  nationals in the US, mainland and Taiwanese alike?  Prosecute all
>  the relevant officials in the Clinton, Bush and Reagan gov'ts?  Oh
>  that's right, most of the latter have already been prosecuted for
>  corruption...  Burn down Washington DC?  Sew the Ellipse with salt? >>
>
> How about no more Most Favored Nation trade status.  How about telling
> them to peddle their wares elsewhere.  How about no more Red Chinese and
> Russians scientists (operatives) in our military research facilities.

The Chinese may have placed us in the most vulnerable of situations,
and you just want economic and personnel sanctions imposed?  Is that
proportionate to the damage?  No, we've gotta nuke'em.

> How about kicking out all Communists from this country.

How do you determine who's a Communist?  Do you have a method for
reading minds?  Do you distinguish between Red-Army Capitalists,
Maoist Collectivists, Anarcho-Syndicalists, Social Democrats, and
Rockerfeller Republicans?  Would you cancel US citizenship?

> How about supporting Taiwan as the only free China.

Well, it's getting there...

> How about bringing to justice (for treason) all scientists, politicians
> and US military officials who aided the Red Chinese in obtaining secret
> and top secret military information.

Review the constitutional definition of treason.