-Caveat Lector-

First off, I do not know why [EMAIL PROTECTED] is posting e-mail that I
received from Lloyd Pye in a question I had regarding Dasgoat's comments. I
would further ask that [EMAIL PROTECTED] at least be accurate enough, when
forwarding an e-mail I hadn't even read yet, to attribute Lloyd Pye's
comments to him and not start off with my name. Further, in the interest of
good manners and a modicum of etiquette, it would behoove [EMAIL PROTECTED]
to at least e-mail me first informing me that he received the same message
from Lloyd Pye and that he will forward it to the list.

Finally, I do not agree with Pye's personal attacks on Dasgoat and although
he makes some useful points, he tends to lose some credibility because of the
aforementioned attacks. What I would like to know is which scholars have
criticized Sitchin, what they have said and where they have said it. The
problem with this whole thing is that Sitchin is one of only about a 100 (is
that an accurate figure?) or so people who can translate cuneiform, so
finding somebody who can translate it is very difficult, finding somebody who
can translate it and be objective-well, good luck. Gavin.

In a message dated 10/15/99 4:15:03 AM Central Daylight Time,