</A> -Cui Bono?-

SkeptiNews 000127c - - - - - - - - - - - All The News That's Fit To Question

* Passages starting with ':' are editorial comments to provoke discussion.
* Nothing contained here is ever endorsed for truth, accuracy, or meaning.
* PLEASE do NOT include the ENTIRE bulletin when you reply; cut/paste, eh?
* No fundamentalists metamorphosed during the production of this bulletin.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

@ Science Jokes: http://www.xs4all.nl/~jcdverha/scijokes/
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# The lunar eclipse: What you didn't see. (BBC) Astronomers reveal
  spectacular images of last week's lunar eclipse. Beauty & majesty:
  http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sci/tech/newsid_620000/620649.stm

@ Links: Juan Carlos Casado: http://www.skylook.net/
@ Stephen Barnes: Skyoptics: http://skyoptics.net/

: Are you a lunatic? Was your soul stolen during the lunar eclipse? Does it
happen every time? Do you grow a new soul, or is your old one returned, or
do you steal one from elsewhere? How many souls have you gone thru already?

# What future for the space station? www.newshub.com/cgibin/rd.cgi?9290730
@ ON TO MARS. What sort of creature are we? It took 100,000 years for humans
  to get inches off the ground. Then, astonishingly, it took only 66 to get
  from Kitty Hawk to the moon. And then, still more astonishingly, we lost
  interest, spending the remaining 30 years of the 20th century going around
  in circles in low earth orbit, i.e., going nowhere. Where to from here?
http://weeklystandard.com/magazine/mag_5_19_00/krauthammer_cov_5_18_00.html
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Drug Resistant AIDS Strain: http://www.sightings.com/politics6/resist.htm
# Baltimore embalmer gets TB from AIDS-infected corpse - first known case:
  http://www.infobeat.com/stories/cgi/story.cgi?id=2563657424-c98

# FIRST NATIONAL HPV HOTLINE LAUNCHED. In response to growing public aware-
  ness & increasing levels of anxiety about the sexually transmitted disease
  human papillomavirus (HPV), a national health group has launched the first
  HPV hotline. http://www.healthcentral.com/news/newsfulltext.cfm?ID=25946

: What's your favorite STD? Is life a STD? Are all STDs eventually fatal? Is
life worth the pain? Is any STD worth it? Where do you go from here? When??

# SoHo Love Goddess: http://www.nymag.com/page.cfm?page_id=1862
# Ancient Greek Curse/Poem: http://www.poems.com/liarhaxt.htm
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# French spies listen in to British calls. FRENCH intelligence is intercep-
  ting British businessmen's calls after investing millions in satellite
  technology for its listening stations. The French govt upgraded signals
  intelligence last year. Now secret service elements are using it to tap
  into commercial secrets. Plucking GSM cellphone signals from the air:
  www.sunday-times.co.uk/news/pages/sti/2000/01/23/stinwenws03006.html?999

# NK Using Real Bio-Chemical Weapons in Drills. North Korea is believed to
  have conducted major nuclear, biological and chemical (NBC) warfare drills
  in Yangdeok-Gun, south Pyungahn every December since 1990. The No.Koreans
  have added attack drills to its previous defense drills in its NBC warfare
  drills. http://www.chosun.com/w21data/html/news/200001/200001230330.html

: How real are your practices, your conflicts, your effects? What d'ya have,
what d'ya want, that're worth living/dying/killing/spying for? What else??

# RWANDAN FACTORY BOSS IS JAILED FOR LIFE FOR GENOCIDE:
  http://CNN.com/2000/WORLD/africa/01/27/rwanda.verdict.reut/
# WOMEN, BLACKS, MENTALLY ILL GET INFERIOR HEART TREATMENT:
  http://CNN.com/2000/HEALTH/01/26/mentalillness.heart.ap/
# WINTER STORM DISASTER TO HIT SUPERBOWL IN ATLANTA:
  http://CNN.com/2000/WEATHER/01/27/winter.storm.01/index.html
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Colonel's secret-recipe hoax: Beakless chickens campaign terrifies Thais:
  http://worldnetdaily.com/bluesky_exnews/20000127_xex_colonel_sand.shtml

: Do you abhor/prefer/ignore genetically-modified food products? Should all
foods be engineered by biofactories? Do chickens deserve to be eaten because
they're so stupid & vicious? Are you stupid & vicious? Should you be eaten?

@ For those of you interested in entomophagy, see <http://www.eatbug.com/>
  The Iowa State U. entomology dept <http://www.ent.iastate.edu/> is well
  known for its tasty <www.ent.iastate.edu/misc/insectsasfood/> beetle dip.
  But I find it highly suspicious that our friends <http://www.orkin.com/>
  at Orkin keep a <http://www.orkin.com/html/cuisine.html> recipe page.
  And feast your eyes upon http://www.memepool.com/Subject/Food/
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Japan cops raid cult facilities. YOKOHAMA, Japan (AP) - Police raided four
  facilities of the doomsday cult accused in the 1995 fatal gassing on Tokyo
  subways as part of an investigation into the kidnapping of the former
  guru's son. http://infobeat.com/stories/cgi/story.cgi?id=2563650454-32c

: Have you raided any cult compounds lately? Again? Is it getting boring? Do
you wish they'd just go away, suck nerve gas, quit bothering you? Why not?

# Man throws his guts at cops to escape:
  http://www.freep.com/news/locoak/slice27_20000127.htm
# Woman stomped to death by elephant:
  http://www.sptimes.com/News/012700/TampaBay/Elephant_tramples_wom.shtml
# Bear-killing man ordered to buy bear decoy:
  http://sun-sentinel.com/news/daily/detail/0,1136,26500000000107597,00.html
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Conspiro-Rama:

# Hillary’s Holocaust - Is Waco Investigator Onto Something Or Off
  His Rocker? Will New York Voters Care?  Are the Lubavitchers next?
  http://www.nypress.com/content.cfm?content_id=1134&now=01/26/2000

@ WacoBomb: http://Ian.Goddard.net/wacorom2.htm
    mirror: http://users.erols.com/igoddard/wacorom2.htm
$ Waco: A New Revelation: http://waco-anewrevelation.com
$ Waco: The Rules of Engagement: http://www.waco93.com
@ Waco Holocaust Museum: http://mnsinc.com/SkyWriter/WacoMuseum/

# Writer disputes Auschwitz history - Nazis weren't so bad:
  http://www.infobeat.com/stories/cgi/story.cgi?id=2563658409-8cd
# Beijing 'blocking broadcasts' - China accused of jamming 'freedom radio':
www.scmp.com/News/China/Article/FullText_asp_ArticleID-20000127025626530.asp

# NEW WORLD DISORDER - World-govt meeting in Sept - Major U.N. confab seeks
  to implement 'global decision-making' - protesters promise disruption:
  http://worldnetdaily.com/bluesky_dougherty/20000127_xnjdo_world_gove.shtml

@ CONGRESSIONAL INQUIRY INTO ALLEGED CIA INVOLVEMENT IN
  THE SOUTH CENTRAL LOS ANGELES CRACK COCAINE DRUG TRADE:
  http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB2/pktstmny.htm
@ The Contras, Cocaine, and Covert Operations:
  http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB2/nsaebb2.htm

  "Sure, once I was young and impulsive / wore every conceivable pin
    Even went to those Pete Seeger concerts / sang all the old Union hymns
   But now I am older and wiser / and that's why I'm turning you in
    So love me, love me, love me / I'm a li-be-ral" --Phil Ochs

* Rev. R.Carter, ULC * http://www.sonic.net/~ric * FAX: 603-415-3736
* Fringes of: Science, Faith, Sex, Dope, Art, Paranormal, Conspiracy
* SkeptiChat/News archives: http://www.sonic.net/~ric/sc/files.htm