</A> -Cui Bono?-

SkeptiNews 000228a - - - - - - - - - - - All The News That's Fit To Question

* Passages starting with ':' are editorial comments to provoke discussion.
* PLEASE do NOT include the ENTIRE bulletin when you reply; cut/paste, eh?
* Portal to announcements, disclaimers, quirks: http://skepticon.pitas.com
* No pig+ox+human chimerae were harmed during production of this bulletin.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

@ Forbidden Love: http://www.50cups.com/caught.html [Caught In The Act]
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Science Marches On, But Can Philosophy? Some 2,400 years after the first
  deep thinkers knotted their brows over "What is man?" modern philosophers
  are pondering a new question: "Should we make man?" Or more than man? Or
  other than man? Or...?? http://www.sltrib.com/02272000/utah/29781.htm

# `Cloning must be for scientific reasons' - MUMBAI: After Dolly, the
  sheep, it is now the turn of Woolly, the mammoth to be cloned. And
  you're next, bubba: http://www.timesofindia.com/today/27mbom5.htm

: What's your favorite meta-clone? Have you built any super-entities lately?
Are you/they/we godlike in power? Have you designed/(re)grown/enhanced any
neural networks lately? Have you spliced them into yourself, pigs, fish, me?

# New Zealand company stops breeding huge 'mutant' fish - we've got
  enough already: http://www.anomalous%2Dimages.com/news/news.html
# Regrowing neurons: http://www.exosci.com/main/news/shownews/?id=965
# VARIABILITY IN EMBRYO DONATION POLICIES SUGGESTS NEED FOR REVIEW
  OF GUIDELINES: http://psychiatry.medscape.com/17999.rhtml
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Earphone-shaped" UFO in Tibet - On 22 Nov 1989, I saw an "earphone-like"
  UFO in Tibet. Local people said many have seen the object before. On June
  22 1994, 3 friends and I saw the object again.   In the Tibetan language,
  there is a word which is written in the same shape as the earphone-like
  UFO. http://www.sinopolis.com/Archives/Filex/filex_991227_02.htm

@ What's In Our Skies? http://www.caus.org/skies.html
# UFO spotted in Shandong, China - probably striped elsewhere:
  http://www.sinopolis.com/Archives/00Filex/filex_000114_01.htm
# UFO Landing - Driver spots flashing lights - Hilltop UFO riddle
  over flashing lights: http://www.farshore.force9.co.uk/silbufo.htm
# Extraterrestrial object makes people panic-stricken at midnight - calmed
  down later: http://www.sinopolis.com/Archives/00Filex/filex_000201_01.htm

: D'ya prefer UFOs shaped like earphones, saucers, triangles, pyramids, big
teardrops, Oscar Mayer Wienermobiles, the Michelin Man, clouds, ducks, me?
Do you have words written in the same shapes as UFOs? What words? Say what?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# NUMBER OF JUVENILES SENT TO ADULT PRISONS SKYROCKETING. Violent juvenile
  offenders are more likely to serve time in adult state prisons compared
  to 15 years ago, according to a newly released study by the Justice
  Dept. http://CNN.com/2000/US/02/27/juveniles.in.jail/index.html

: Have you conspired to incarcerate/disenfranchise juveniles of all or just
selected ethnic groups? If adulthood is about responsibility, and juveniles
are tried/punished as adults, should juveniles acquitted of adult charges be
granted the right to vote, marry, bear arms? Are you only considered adult
if you've done something bad, not if you've done something good? How come?

# PRESCRIPTIONS FOR STIMULANTS,ANTIDEPRESSANTS ON THE RISE FOR PRESCHOOLERS.
  US kids drugged to the gills: http://psychiatry.medscape.com/18110.rhtml
# 'ZIPRASIDONE' MAY BE A SAFE ALTERNATIVE FOR TREATING PEDIATRIC TOURETTE'S
  SYNDROME; as young as 7 years: http://psychiatry.medscape.com/18044.rhtml
# DEPRESSION AND DEMENTIA FREQUENT IN MISTREATED OLDER PEOPLE - start early
  for vivid, consistent results: http://psychiatry.medscape.com/18028.rhtml
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

@ Numerology Report. Numerology is the study of the symbolism of numbers. It
  is used to determine a persons personality, strengths talents, obstacles
  to be overcome, inner needs, emotional reactions and ways of dealing with
  others. The roots of numerology can be traced back some 10,000 years or
  more to Egypt & Babylonia. With gematria: http://caus.org/numerology.html

: What's your favorite numerology/gematria system: Babylonian [base 12/60],
Egyptian/Chinese [base 10], California Indian [base 8], all nonalphabetic;
Greek [base 24 alphanumeric], Hebrew [base 22 alphanumeric], Roman [base 5,
no 0], Mayan [base 20, with 0], Hindu/Arabic [base 10, with 0], various al-
phabets; or modern Western [base 10 with 0, 26 letters]? D'ya get different
results with different systems? Are the differences swamped-out by symbolic
interpretation? What dactylics d'ya use if you have 6 fingers per hand? How?

@ Web site for info about Planet X. [thanks SMockovak!]
  http://www2.eridu.co.uk/eridu/minisites/planetx.html
@ The "Niburian Council" - http://www.nibiruancouncil.com/
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Xenotransplants Spur Fears Of the Next Big Plague. NEW YORK — Lurking
  inside every pig is a dormant virus that could be awakening soon at a
  blood bank or hospital near you. Xenotransplantation, the implanting of
  animal organs or tissue into humans, has gone from idea to reality.
  Chimera: http://www.foxnews.com/health/021100/xenotransplant.sml

: What species would you most like to be part of? Are you hog-wild for xeno-
transplantation? What part of you should be transplanted into pigs? Have you
done so already? Are they better pigs because of you? Are y'r masters happy?

# THREE DEAD IN FIRST OUTBREAK OF HANTAVIRUS IN PANAMA. Panama declared an
  epidemic alert and canceled traditional Lenten carnivals in a central pro-
  vince after the country's first outbreak of the deadly hantavirus killed
  3 people. Ratshit: http://CNN.com/2000/HEALTH/02/25/panama.hantavirus.ap/

: Have you genetically engineered hantavirus to attack specific ethnicities,
or are you just trying to infect anyone? Are you hantavirus biowar efforts
going much more slowly than your AIDs/Ebola programs by intent or accident?

# RAYTHEON TOXIC CHEMICALS PLANT UP IN FLAMES -- COVERUP IN PLACE:
  http://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin/config.pl?read=1825
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

NasaNews:

# Sweeping up Stardust -- Our solar system is moving through a cloud of gas
  and dust from between the stars. NASA's STARDUST probe began collecting
  samples of the cloud last week. It's quite a mess to clean up, all that
  dust. Who farted? http://spacescience.com/headlines/y2000/ast27feb_1.htm

# Going Comet Wild -- The STARDUST probe celebrated its first year in space
  this month en route to mysterious comet Wild-2. It bypassed several boring
  comets enroute: http://spacescience.com/headlines/y2000/ast27feb_2.htm

# Waiting for Cygnus X-3 -- One of the brightest x-ray sources in the Milky
  Way seems about to erupt in a dazzling flare. By studying the explosion
  scientists hope to unravel an extragalactic mystery. Bomb designers are
  hoping for hints: http://spacescience.com/headlines/y2000/ast25feb_1m.htm

: Is your place just *covered* in cosmic dust? Are sloppy Reptilioids resp-
onsible? Don't they ever clean up after themselves? Do they set off those
cosmic firecrackers too? Why don't the Galactic Security Cops stop them???

  "I will not carve gods." --Bart Simpson

* Rev.R.Carter,ULC * http://skepticon.pitas.com * FAX: 603-415-3736
* SkeptiChat & SkeptiNews - latest: http://www.sonic.net/~ric/x.htm
* Fringes of: Science, Faith, Sex, Dope, Art, Paranormal, Conspiracy