</A> -Cui Bono?-

No I didn't consider that. But aside from snakes, think about this - Horus
from Egypt (was prophesized to be great, born of a virgin on Dec. 25, taught
in a temple at the age of 12, had 12 deciples, was slain on a cross between
2 thieves, often represented with a triangle...), Quentalocatl of Mexico
(was prophesized to be great, born of a virgin, was tempted and fasted for
40 days, was slain in atonement for primal sin, often represented as the
trinity and signified by 3 crosses, his second coming is confidently
expected...) and the list goes on to Beddru from Japan and like I said
before, there are dozens of characters through out time that share
strikingly similar qualities. So what happened in Ancient Sumer that spawned
this global myth of a hero?  And why is Christianity so widely believed to
be true (in this country)?  There's your conspiracy my friend: highly
educated people, grown adults in the year 2000 believe with all their heart
that the miracles and impossibilities in the bible actually could have
happened. Most would rather burn in hell for eternity rather than say that
they don't believe. I don't care if these prescientific minds believed
thunder was a god and snakes can sneak up and bite you, sometimes causing
death...maybe that's why they are "evil". But in the information age there
are 100,000 new Christians each day.  What's the deal? These are "believers"
that blindly believe that the bible was written by God and it is 100% true
from cover to cover. Talking logic to these people is impossible.

Mind control? Brainwashing? You tell me, because I still believe in Santa...

andy
www.bluehoney.org

Blue Honey, have you considered the geographical proximity of the religions
you cite which regard the snake as evil, and that these seemingly disparate
religions are in fact variations on a much older theme from a single source
within the same area which is Ancient Sumer...

BD