</A> -Cui Bono?-

----- Original Message -----
From: "beltek" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > # SPACE BLANKETS MAY AID WACO INVESTIGATORS. ... <snipola> ...
> >   Branch Davidian seige. http://CNN.com/2000/US/03/11/waco.probe/
> > : Does your conspiracy successfully delay nvestigations/prosecutions/
> > retributions for as long as possible? Have you delayed justice lately?
>
> Other than the possibility (probability) of government lying, why does
> anyone care?

Some people are astonished/disconcerted that powerful people/entities
aren't always [or often] truthful.  Of course, I don't remember seeing
anything in the US or Calif constitutions requiring honesty/trughfulness
of govt operatives.  Yes, they may be required to swear [or affirm] to
"faithfully execute" their office.  But the populace always seems to
like having ruthless, devious SOBs "faithfully executing" whatever they
can/want/will, in order to get the job done.  The propriety of any
specific method of "execution" is always a political matter.

> Here we had a psychotic nut case running around claiming to be the
> Messiah and amassing all sorts of Messianic weapons, a bunch of
> idiots willing to follow this self proclaimed Messiah and their very
> unfortunate children - all of whom died but non of which needed to.

Messiah means "annointed one."  Messiahs are annointed with oil.  Oil
is flammable.  Messiahs burn.  Those around them burn.  The logic is
irrefutable.  Follow a messiah - get crispy-crittered.  Yow.

> There are far more kinder, gentler self-proclaimed Messiahs around
> whom those who wish to follow such people could do so, or even more
> interesting ways to go - like the mass suicide cults.

Who deserve all the encouragement they can get, IMHO.  But I digress.

> Isn't this just evolution in action?

Social evolution, maybe.  Remember that cognition/intelligence is
only about 30% inheritable -- so, just because stupid people may die
before they can breed, doesn't mean that following generations will
be any more intelligent.  And just because dummies breed, DOESN'T
mean that their kids will necessarily be as stupid as they.

> And while we are on the topic (which we weren't), evolution is not
> a theory. It is a proven fact.  The term "Theory of Evolution" is
> used by some to justify their own beliefs.

Those prattling about "theory" vs fact should attend to the definition
of "scientific theory" - "a workable explanation supported by the
preponderence of data."  A useful theory is falsifiable and testable -
notions of creationism aren't.

> Not a kinder, gentler person.

We've known that for a LONG time, M.A.!!