----- Original Message -----
From: "beltek" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [SC] Skeptic News - Saturday #1

> > # MORE BOYS FROM BRAZIL? Russians Fear NeoNazi Attempts To Clone
> > Hitler From Skull Fragment. ... http://revelation66.pitas.com
> >
> What some do not seem to take into account is that cloning does not
> necessarily mean that the clone would even look like the original,
> much think or act like the original.  Genetics are tricky. Sheep
> are hard to tell apart, as are Holstein cattle whose markings are
> different.  People do not come so patterned.

But such concerns are not likely to deter True Believers from
attempting such an operation.  Look at it this way: Suppose I
were planning a Boys-From-Brazil operation.  I'd want to start
with the most viable genetic material; grow biological clones
who would have the propensity for thinking fuehrer-thoughts;
and raise them in an indoctrination environment to hopefully
foster those thoughts.  I'd know that, since they couldn't
possibly share the same traumatic formative experiences that
made Adolf(1) who he was, it'd be 'best' to try to bring out
his character qualities - the charisma, focus, concentration
on detail.  [I might try to avoid the strict vegetarianism
that led to his extreme flatulence, his self-medication with
toxic 'remedies', his descent into brain-traumatized madness.]
I'd know that I couldn't grow REAL Hitlers, but reasonable
facsimiles might suit my purpose: leaders for Fascist cadres.

That gets to the real question of any human-cloning operation:
what's the point?  If a [notable] human is cloned, what/who do
the cloners expect to produce?  They'll have to hope that they
can create a nurturing environment that will instill into the
clone[s] the qualities they want from the original person. See,
it takes both nature AND nurture.

  Ric "why not clone a bunch of Gandhis?" Carter

screeds are unwelcomed. Substance—not soap-boxing—please!  These are sordid
matters