From: "Aleisha Saba" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Today we are told the 21st century will be horrific....hot, drought,
> which is about the biggest line of crap this country was ever sold.
> We have our Russian friends into MIR and weather control, and we are
> told a lot of rain for the south west, which means Mexica.

Not just the Russians.  Remember, 'we' have HAARP.

And 'southwest' also means Arizona, New Mexico, southern Texas and
southern California...

> Idea to get to the moon?   Colonization and new frontiers....future
Adam
> and Eves venturing into places where nobody has gone before, only
this
> time maybe not as well equipped.

The whole idea of sending a man to the moon was fueled by the Cold
War...
as soon as we knew the Russians had space capability, it became a
prestige
thing that the U.S. get to the moon before the Russians...it was bad
enough
that the Russkies beat us to the upper limits of Earth's atmosphere
with
their satellites, and beat us by launching the first successful
astronaut,
we weren't about to let them plant the red hammer-and-sickle flag on
the
moon before we could plant the stars-and-stripes...

But by the early 1970s, times -- and the economy -- had changed
drastically.
The ultra-patriotism of the early 1960s was replaced with verulant
anti-
government protests from one side, and total apathy from the other.  As
you
pointed out, the slump in the economy led to drastic layoffs in the
aerospace
industries.  The price of oil skyrocketed.  Wages were frozen.

It was very hard for NASA and Congress to justify the expenditures
necessary
to continue the lunar space program; the focus changed to building a
permanent orbiting space station (which ended up not very permanent)
and a
reusable spacecraft.

June

sordid matters and 'conspiracy theory'—with its many half-truths,
misdirections
and outright frauds—is used politically by different groups with major and
minor
effects spread throughout the spectrum of time and thought. That being said,
CTRL