From: "Samantha L." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> Oh, so using that logic, western society is more moral than South
>>  Pacific tribes, because western society developed the A-bomb and the
>>  Pacific islanders did not...therefore, we were morally justified in
>>  forceably evicting the residents of the Bikini atolls from their
>>  centuries-old home so that we could use it for our nuclear tests...
>>
>>  Were the developers of Iron Age tools morally superior to their Stone
>>  Age ancestors?  Were their Bronze Age decendents then morally superior
>>  to themselves?
>
>   It was terribly obvious what I meant about technology.

Yes, 'terribly' is the key word here.

You stated that only beings that had attained a certain high calibre of
morality would be 'allowed' ('allowed' by whom, I wonder) to attain
higher levels of technology.

Basically saying that if residents of another planet have attained the
technological means to travel here, then for some reason they must be of
a higher moral calibre than we are...

Using that logic then implies that western culture is more 'moral' than
cultures which haven't attained the level of technology that we have,
that we have been 'allowed' to attain more technology than them because
God is on our side....

That was the argument the European explorers used to conquer and enslave
native peoples around the world....and was the justification Europe and
the U.S. used in the last century to justify their colonial policies.
After all, white culture was "Christian" culture, giving whites the moral
justification to subjugate other races who just happen to worship another
way.  Christian missionaries argued that they brought about a 'spiritual
awakening' in all the people they converted, too...

> Either you're not wired-up to understand plain English

Oh, I understand the implied racism in your statement very well...

> or you're deliberately saying
> off-the-wall things for whatever reasons of your own (hey, I'm quick).

No, I'm just explaining what your philosophy really means, because it's
obvious you have never thought out the full implications of it.  Or perhaps
you have...

>   I'm sure that you'll retort that I never shared anything of substance to
> begin with, so let me just save you one of your 7 per day posts/email address
> and let the insult just hang there for you.

We've already covered this.  You admitted that this is your personal opinion,
which is fine.  I have no problem with personal opinion presented as such.  My
objection is with people like Nicky Molloy presenting personal opinion and
claiming it is FACT.

June

sordid matters and 'conspiracy theory'—with its many half-truths,
misdirections
and outright frauds—is used politically by different groups with major and
minor
effects spread throughout the spectrum of time and thought. That being said,
CTRL