tenebroust, I've always believed several layers of things are going on at
once.   I really haven't modulated my position at all.  I am personally
convinced there is something extra-dimensional and/or extra-terrestrial going
on, and that the military is pulling tricks out of their hat as well.  But
why I'm convinced of these things is purely subjective.

  I do agree we should look at the mundane sources as well as the
alternatives.  As for attempts at spiritual manipulation, I can see it as it
pertains to the UFO phenomenon as well as to other phenomenon like
channeling, remote viewing, psychic phenomenon and pseudo-religious
phenomenon.  I think there are ways of distinguishing the genuine from the
pseudo, but these ways are purely subjective and not prone to evidence.

  As for Strieber, I've long perceived there was more to his experiences than
ED or ET.  I believe he is subjected to both ED/ET and MILAB simulataeously.
It will be interesting to see what he ends up believing when he sorts through
his disturbing new memories.  I give him a lot of credit for being open about
the very memories that would seem to discredit his previous subjective
conclusions (though admittedly he's always only specualted on the nature of
experiences.)

Samantha

In a message dated 6/6/00 10:37:16 PM Central Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Samantha, I am glad to see that you have modulated your position as
> previously presented here, and allow for alternative explanations.  It is
> also good that you question Streiber et al, because there is some question
as
> to Streiber's affiliations etc.  These experiences could be real, or not,
as
> regards REAL aliens.  BUT it is aknowledged by most people, here at least,
> that the military DOES DO such things.  SO, it would behoove us to look at
> the known first before we go off in search of less mundane sources for
these
> events.  Would you agree?
>  As to your spiritual comments as circumstantial validity for TRUE alien
> encounters I would direct you to look at the case that Vallee investigated,
> involving a Frenchman supposedly abducted by aliens and missing for days.
> Sources in the French military told him it was a fake abduction run by
their
> military in order to study psychological and psychosocial phenomenon.  It
was
> bogus.  Now, as it relates to this spiritual validity, one of the things
the
> French were desirous to look into was the formation of cults around
supposed
> alien spiritual enlightenment. One of the people who knew the abducted
person
> later went on to start a cult based upon what was told him by the abducted
> about the spiritual message of the "aliens".  This was all bogus.  What
does
> it show us?  That the spiritual side can be manipulated, and in fact may be
> one of several purposes for why the abduction phenomenon is carried out in
> the first place.

sordid matters and 'conspiracy theory'—with its many half-truths,
misdirections
and outright frauds—is used politically by different groups with major and
minor
effects spread throughout the spectrum of time and thought. That being said,
CTRL