In a message dated 6/25/00 8:32:46 PM Central Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> >when you don't give much weight to the Bible
>
>  Who says I don't?  I've never said that.
>

>  >and you probably don't have any respect for organized religion?
>
>  And I've never said that, either.

  June - surely I've seen you jump in with tenebroust and others in saying
the Bible is just so much non-historical manipulative hooey.  If you haven't,
I apologize, but that's certainly the impression I've gotten.  Maybe the
Bible does say that Christ came to die for our sins - but it says a lot of
stuff that doesn't make sense, much of which has been altered over the
centuries for whatever purposes.  You've got a logical mind - how can one
person atone for the sins of another?  It just doesn't make sense.  When we
atone, we are experiencing and learning on a deep level.  Certainly that is
not something one can do for another.

  I don't even know what it is to be a Christian.  I think I would probably
have admired Christ very much, if he did exist.  I would have been really
pissed that he was killed, if that's all true.  But no matter who he was, he
could not be my path to myself.  How could he be?  Teachers I learn from, but
my only path to myself is from within - even he said that, "The kingdom of
heaven is within you."  I just don't understand all this hocus-pocus stuff.
If something comes supposedly from the Source of All and it doesn't make any
sense, and a person has to twist and turn all their innate sense of logic to
buy into it - it's time to find a new Source, IMO.

Samantha