-Caveat Lector-

>It was pretty clever of them to arrange for this guy to molest his
students decades ago,

That's assuming he is guilty, which is far from clear as yet. seeing as
how this guy is a politico, it's just as likely he is being framed by
other politicos as it is that he's guilty. Unfortunately, the chances of a
court sorting this out correctly are probably slim.

> Hey, maybe it's the people who complain about whacky out-of-this-world
postings with no evidence who are actually disrupting things, as they seem
to generate far more bandwidth noise.

You're absolutely right about that. All these unsubstantiated allegations
about shape shifting reptiles, benevolent space brothers, and the
communist Jewish bankers conspiracy are red herrings that distract us from
our real work. We would do well to concoct effective countermeasures.

>>Uh huh. Who was it that said they really detest those liberals who are
all in favour of free speech, whatever it is, except for...(usually Nazi
propaganda and topically enough child pornography).

This is a non sequitur. What are you talking about?

>And I don't see what your alleged foul mouth has got to do with anything.
As it happens I almost never curse, even when I stub my toe, break
something expensive or whatever. It's called self control and maturity.

No it's not. It's called cultural values. Some cultures speak and act one
way while other cultures speak and act differently. My daily use of
vernacular is an expression of my culture (or, if you insist, subculture).
 That's how we do it. Among the majority of my peers and comrades it is
not considered abnormal or offensive. When among those to whom it is
offensive, I bite my tongue. It is little effort.

I find the whole notion that the dialect of the ruling class is "proper"
English and other dialects are not, to be classist and repulsive. What
makes "good" English good is when it effectively communicates.
Nevertheless, I recognize that most people don't feel that way, so I try
to accommodate their beliefs. I won't sacrifice relevant truths to do so,
but where a brief summation will suffice in place of lurid, graphic
descriptions I go with the summation. I've taken the time to learn
"proper" English even though I find it stilted and awkward compared to
vernacular. I use it as a sign of respect for those to whom I speak. For
the same reason, I eschew lurid, graphic descriptions of sex except in
circumstances in which I am sure none present will be offended. This goes
against my grain, but I do it anyway because it is more important that we
all get along and work constructively together than it is that I get my
own way.

I do find it disconcerting that people, any people, should be offended by
the truth and yet let the lies, atrocities and war crimes of the powers
that be not bother them. Talk about sex and they get all excited. The Prez
has sex at the office and they nearly have apoplexy. But talk about the
half million dead Iraqi women and children the Blockade has produced and
their blood pressure scarcely registers a change. This is very wrong. but
that's another topic, and until they learn to get over it I see no reason
to get bogged down in arguing over sex while innocent civilians are dying
at taxpayers' hands.

>Uh huh. So we shouldn't post things you don't like/find disturbing
because you don't swear on the list anymore? Sounds perfectly reasonable
and logical to me.

Indeed it is. What I'm saying here is that behooves us all to show respect
for each other's cultural values, at least here, at least enough as to
facilitate cogent and topical discourse. If I can do it, you can do it.
It's not much to ask.