-Caveat Lector-

On Sun, 10 Dec 2000 01:22:55 -0800, Birds <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> posted
article <02d801c0628a$c7827b40$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, which said:

> He never gets out on parole because the board always still
> considers this man dangerous to society.  That speaks for itself.

Charles Manson is probably as famous as Jack the Ripper.  He doesn't get
out on parole because he's famous for being dangerous, even though there
are far more dangerous people released all the time -- like those people
Clinton granted Clemency to.  Like Sadam Hussein who killed thousands of
his own people and is still walking around.  Like that Slobadan
Milosevic (sp) who extinguished thousands of his own people and he's
still walking around.  When your crimes are political, you get a slap on
the wrist.  They take your country away from you.  But you don't go to
jail.  Some people are given life in prison for just one murder,
depending on how bad it was.  Maybe that's why some people seek public
office -- they can kill indiscriminately and know they're immune to the
REAL prosecution we commoners face every day.

> About Heaven's Gate, why are you always for the perpetrator?
> Weak minded people are people who have mental health problems,
> self-esteem problems, or abused in life etc.

Actually some psychologists and psychiatrists would disagree with your
statement about mental illness and weak-mindedness going hand in hand.
Some psychiatrists believe that many with schizophrenia are tapping into
something in the mind that most people never encounter fully.  Some
names who thought along these lines:  Carl Jung, Karl Marx, Friedrich
Nietzsche and Thomas Szasz.

Here are a few links:

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Olympus/5214/who.html
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Olympus/5214/links.html

> There are a lot of people out there that can be mind controlled
> by the right person because some of them do it well.  What about
> the Guyana Tragedy?  That man convinced at least about 900 (don't
> really know no.)  people to commit suicide.  Are they bad people
> and they are responsible for their lives?

Survival of the fittest probably applies more to the mental than the
physical.  If they were weak-minded enough to allow someone else to
control their minds, then that's their tough noogies.

> Mind control is real and has been going on for centuries.
>
> Sounds like you have taken a liking for this man.  Would you know
> him then if you were younger since you believe him?  You consider
> him funny.

Not having personally met the man, I can't say one way or the other how
I feel about him.  It's kind of like some friends I had -- they were
perfectly nice to me, but were not so nice to some other people.
Perhaps Manson and I would be pals.  I doubt I'll ever meet him, but
he's sure to have some friends someplace or else he would have been
offed by now.  If he's an expert at mind control, he's probably got the
whole prison so afraid that if they kill him, they'll be possessed by
demons or something. :-)

> A jury did believe this.  He is in jail.  He never gets out on
> parole not from prejudice.  He is still considered harmful to
> society.  Please read the right books.  Not from someone like
> Charles Manson himself.  He is a big liar.  You must be young,
> naive or from a great upbringing not to know all about this man.

But people are certainly free to read his books.  I would not want to
make ANY judgments about Manson based on what someone else has written
about him until I've read his books for myself.  It's called having a
balanced slate of information with which to form a judgment.

[...snipped 125 lines of quoted text and footers...]

ETM