-Caveat Lector-

On Sun, 23 Sep 2001, Saba wrote:
>So what did Dirty Harry (Clint Eastwood) do - somehow I can never bring
>myself to watch these people for we know they could care less or they
>would not do the movies and things they do....

When I got my hair done Saturday morning, people in the salon were even
commenting on Eastwood's appearance on the telethon...Dirty Harry he
definitely was NOT....

The only way I can describe it is that he looked like a skidrow bum, and
acted like one, too...he was clean-shaven, but I suspect that someone
quickly found a razor and gave him a shave...too bad they couldn't have
found him a decent suit...

He was wearing some faded khaki-green polo shirt that looked like it had
been fished from the bottom of a laundry hamper, and and ill-fitting
wrinkled brown jacket that looked like it had been dug out from the
bottom of a closet, not helped by the communications battery-pack hooked
to his belt on the side, over which he tried to button the jacket...

Everyone else who performed wore the battery packs outside any jackets,
and in back, not on the side...

Eastwood looked and acted totally 'out of it'...he couldn't even read the
teleprompter properly; a few minutes later, at the end of the show when
everyone joined Willie Nelson onstage and really got into singing "God
Bless America", Eastwood was the only one not joining in, he looked like
he didn't even know where he was or why he was there...

The kindest thing I can think of is that the terrorist attacks really
shocked him, and that he was still in a state of shock...  :-\

>One face in a crowd during Bush speech was that of his wife - if you
>read faces, you saw fear for the safety of her husband and country - she
>was easy to read.

I think it was more than fear...remember that the widow of the passenger
on the PA plane who decided to join with other passengers to attack the
hijackers was sitting next to her...I got the sense that Mrs. Bush
finally got a clue as to what really happened...

>So What did Dirty Harry Do?   And please, no more Stevie Wonder -
>anything but that and that We Are the World shit.

Stevie was okay...he was one of the performers at the beginning, did a
nice ballad, at the end he helped Willie by playing the harmonica and
singing along...all in all it was a nice show, except for Eastwood...

June

Check out Alternative Kite Radio at
http://www.altkiteradio.trancetechno.com

Alternative Kite Radio (low-bandwidth)
Alternative Kite Radio (high-bandwidth)
Alternative Kite Summer Beachparty Radio (it's always summer somewhere)
Alternative Kite Holiday Radio (everyday's a holiday)