-Caveat Lector-

Very true.

> I like books
> that provide lots of documentation & Meier's book does
> that.

Same here, the more the better. Unfortunately one-sided views can be just as
well-documented as balanced views. Both are useful if one keeps an open
mind.

A few years ago I finally understood I would find opposing viewpoints,
equally convincing, on both sides of any particular issue. At that point it
was up to me to decide, or choose to remain undecided (open). At that point
I began to review with caution research which chose the viewpoint first and
then filtered the documentation to fit that viewpoint. The JFK books are
good examples of this. Perhaps because of the emotional nature of that
event, not a single book that I have seen is balanced; they all have to
"solve" the murder. And round and round it goes.