-Caveat Lector-

        Since just about everyone is raised in a
fascist/authoritarian political environment these days
(been down so long it seems like up to them), it is hard to
know which statement is right, Dale's or Rev's,  but I tend
to agree with Rev that   most people in the modern world do
not want the responsibility that comes with freedom - while
still wanting to believe that they have the dignity of
being free.  As usual in such a conflict, most people make
pretty free with 'reality', choosing to believe whatever
makes them feel good & makes it easiest for them. Wasn't it
TS Eliot who wryly remarked that most people take their
reality in very small doses...?
        Over & over we see the 'powers that be' traumatizing us &
others in the modern world with orchestrated wars and other
disasters & then hastening, in the mental/emotional climate
of fear, regressive dependancy that follows, to beef up
govt powers and take away liberties. The proof that this
happens is that it has happened, over & over & over in the
past 100 years...

                                                molli
PS also I believe that the mind control experimenters and
their sadistic goons(some of whom have Ph. Ds) in govt know
full well that if you apply enough torture/pain, ANYONE
will regress to blubbering infancy ...

-Caveat Lector-

From: Dale Stonehouse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>It is known that when the going gets rough people tend to
>>make certain predictable retreats (in an attempt to retain
>>the comfort zone) - regression into a more
>>childlike/dependant mode (big strong paternalistic
>>political leader/dictator daddy, please make everything
all >>better, I promise to be a good boy/girl), > >People
raised in a fascist/authoritarian environment will
demand/create such >a situation. Not everyone falls into
that category.

Perhaps not, but I think it tends to be the norm of human
behavior for the majority of humanity...it takes a strong
will to be willing to take on the insecurities of being
responsible for one's own destiny, and quite frankly most
people don't have it; they'd much rather pass
responsibility
on to someone else, whether it be an individual or an
entity...

CTRL is a discussion & informational exchange list.
Proselytizing propagandic screeds are unwelcomed.
Substance—not soap-boxing—please!  These are sordid matters
and 'conspiracy theory'—with its many half-truths, mis-
directions and outright frauds—is used politically by
different groups with major and minor effects spread
throughout the spectrum of time and thought. That being
said, CTRLgives no endorsement to the validity of posts, and
always suggests to readers; be wary of what you read. CTRL
gives no credence to Holocaust denial and nazi's need not
apply.

============ Archives Available at:
 <A
 HREF="http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/archives/ctrl.html";>Archi
 ves of

 <A
 HREF="http:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/";>ctrl</

email: SIGNOFF CTRL [to:] [EMAIL PROTECTED]