-Caveat Lector-

Well, Eric, that was quite a read (Beth Goobie's article).
Thanks for sending it. Most interesting thing I have read
in a long time. I have read 4/5ths of it & will read the
rest (and re-read it) after these errands I have to go do.
(Reading it did make me feel weird in an indefinable way.)
        I am very interested in metaphysics, actually, just feel
that so much that people believe is silly, childish,
uninteresting & also people take themselves & their beliefs
too seriously, and  also use the beliefs to justify doing
various negative things - whether going to war or
demonizing (no pun intended) someone  or some group, etc.
        I would like to read more such info (as Goobie's writings)
if you can direct me to it or send it to me. It ties in
with other interesting puzzling stuff like aliens, alien
abduction etc.
        I am a sort of metaphysical or spiritual 'free-floater"
you might say. Absent proof, on what basis does one commit
to belief in any particular
metaphysical/spiritual/religious body of belief. I have
even had a couple of strange experiences; but how to
understand them...
         I believe that mind precedes matter, so I am not a
materialist; I also believe that the universe has a moral
order & thus how we treat one another matters or is
important. Beyond that - how to know what to believe?
Belief systems can be limiting.  I think basically that
'there is more to heaven & earth ' than is contained in any
system of metaphysical thought I have ever encountered save
perhaps Zen Buddhism and its sources.
                Thanks again for sending that article -

                                                        molli

-Caveat Lector-

--- Molli Wolf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> -Caveat Lector-
>
> Dear Dale - I agree with much of what you say. However I
> have a problem with 'getting metaphysical'

then you're gonna HATE this:

http://www.paranoiamagazine.com/Goobie.htm

Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/

CTRL is a discussion & informational exchange list.
Proselytizing propagandic screeds are unwelcomed.
Substance—not soap-boxing—please!  These are sordid matters
and 'conspiracy theory'—with its many half-truths, mis-
directions and outright frauds—is used politically by
different groups with major and minor effects spread
throughout the spectrum of time and thought. That being
said, CTRLgives no endorsement to the validity of posts, and
always suggests to readers; be wary of what you read. CTRL
gives no credence to Holocaust denial and nazi's need not
apply.

============ Archives Available at:
 <A
 HREF="http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/archives/ctrl.html";>Archi
 ves of

 <A
 HREF="http:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/";>ctrl</

email: SIGNOFF CTRL [to:] [EMAIL PROTECTED]