-Caveat Lector-

----- Original Message -----
From: "Man on the Run" <batesfam@...>

>     What we *can* do, however, is address the one facet of Washington's
> architecture that is most objectionable, the inverted pentagram in the
> street lay-out above the White House, opposite the Washington mall.

Depends on which way it is viewed, on where one is standing.

> This is not "reclaiming the glory of Egypt and Rome", nor does it
> glorify the Enlightenment.  It is downright Satanic, and against the
> Judeo-Christian fiber built in to of most Americans.

Not this American. Anyway, if you're so concerned, then maybe you should also
concentrate on the Congressional Medal of Honor, which is an inverted pentagram.

Satanism is a relatively new concept, while the pentagram has a long and varied
history, both in its point-up form and inverted.

Symbols only hold the power one gives to them. The Nazis stole the swastika and
gave it its modern, evil connotations, but it has a very long history as a
benign symbol.

- jt