-Caveat Lector-

BF>Well, I must admit, I am a bit disappointed.  I had higher hopes for this list
than have been fulfilled.  How much hate can so few generate to confuse so many?
Quite a bit, it seems!  However, I believe that God will let me reach as many as
can be reached, for the length of time I remain here.
     Let me address a few points.  Whether the "right-side up" pentagram is
benevolent or not, I have my own ideas but they are not the point here, the
*upside-down* pentagram is denounced even by Wiccans.  Yes, the military uses it
too in its metals, and to be consistent I would argue for changing this to
another symbol.  Since even Wiccans would denounce this symbol, my belief is that
it should be non-controversial.  It certainly has no place in a Judeo-Christian
nation.  Most would be appalled if they knew, especially given the lethargy of
their own religious leaders in pushing for a change.
    The inverted pentagram is an agreed upon Satanic symbol used by Satanists as
such.  It should not be a part of the street lay-out of our nation's capital.
As far as the Masonic "blazing star", I am not sure what to make of it and would
assume that perhaps Masonry is split in to many branches, with varying
philosophies.  I certainly honor the patriotism and dedication of many Masons in
our history, including many founding fathers who were Masons.  I also believe
that many brilliant scientists who challenged ignorance were Masons.  Hosptials
have functioned on Masonic charity.  However, the symbol itself has undeniable
connections to Satanism and Luciferianism.  That alone should be reason for its
removal.  Personality should play no part in this decision.  Only truth should.
Truth is no respecter of person, no matter how righteous they may be in other
areas than what we have discussed here.
    I do not believe we need to dwell on the issue of Masons or conspiracy,
issues often rather boring and counter-productive. Instead, let us focus on the
spiritual uplift of the nation.  Part of this process is that of removing symbols
of negativity, especially where they can have a true hold on the highest circles
of power.  We wonder at the evil actions done by some men within the "invisible
government", but have we considered what spiritual influences they may have been
under?  We owe it to our nation to have it removed.
    This action should be simple, non-controversial, and would not require that
we engage in anti-Masonry or quench the spirit of patriotism in any way, as it
pertains to honest loyalty to one's country.  I do not even care whose idea it
was, only that we move beyond the spiritual darkness hovering over our land,
especially that seen in Hollywood "entertainment".  Removing such a core
foot-hold for the demonic as this symbol would seem to be a good place to start.
      Great pains would be made to preserve historical architecture, and the
rights of the residents of the areas in question.  I am not advocating religious
fanaticism, or any kind of Taliban-like repression of art or culture.  I am not
suggesting that we even touch the Washington Monument, or any historical building
of that nature.  There is no sentimental value to an inverted pentagram, except
perhaps among "Marilyn Manson" fans.  We would not disrupt the functioning of the
capital, and this would benefit our nation in ways beyond the pragmatic, simple
act urban design.
     I would hope that those who can hear me would act.  We can use this as a
chance to improve the lives of poor people in the capital, employing them in the
process of healing our nation.  I understand that so much of urban renewal has
been used as a weapon against the poor.  I believe that this can be different.  I
also believe that as we renounce the coat of darkness hanging over our capital,
crime will go down because the unseen influences behind violence would loose
power.  Please, those who hear me and can act please do act.  The rest of you I
cannot change, and would only wish you the best.  For the skeptic, please
understand that I believe so little can accomplish so much.  It is precisely
because I do believe that this country has demonstrated many positive values,
different races and cultures living together in equality and justice, that I
value it.  I have no motives against patriotism, as has been alleged, but only
its true preservation.
    Thankyou,
    Bates