> I too have noticed that ctwm crashes for me about once a month or so,
> but I could never figure out why. So like you, I ran ctwm in a loop ;-)

Strange. It never seems to crash for me, using Ctwm with Fedora 16 on
both laptop (Dell E6410) and desktop, both with integrated intel
graphics.

I wonder if it could be an interaction with a specific application?

I have firefox with several windows and many tabs, plus thunderbird,
lots of xterm windows some logged through to other machines some running
a text editor locally, 10 virtual desktops (not always all in use),
various open pdf files (using xpdf) sometimes OpenOffice (ugh!), and
frequently use pm-hibernate and resume, though resume needs acpi=off
to complete successfully.

Various other things are used intermittently, e.g. skype, amarok, vlc,
cheese, tgif, xv,...

Aaron