From:   "E.J. Totty", [EMAIL PROTECTED]

>Anthony,
>
>You're right about the getting involved bit.
>
>Our Parish has had a number of vacancies over the last
>6 years and I have written in on 3 occasions responding
>to Notice Boards requests from the PC for replacement
>PCouncillors.
>
>Well strange thing is they ignored my letter on 2
>occasions and appointed others.  On 3rd I rolled up to
>the Meeting and they (embarrassed) announced
>that again they selected another.  This time I got a
>letter saying "sorry".
>
>Seems that they tend to elect their own like minded
>souls, don't want someone who will rock the boat, or
>know more about what they blather on about for 4 hours
>every 4 weeks!!
>
>I even thought of starting my own "Alternative" P/Council
>Still, will keep on trying
>
>Tom C

        Tom,

        Perhaps you should pull-off a walk-in.
        Find out where they are holding their meetings,
and arrive unannounced to attend one, or several of them.
        Thing is, if they are holding a 'star chamber' sort
of meeting, and demand that you leave, then you have the
ammunition with which to take them all to task.
        Should not all of their meetings be open and
attended by all who wish to know what they are discussing?
        And what excuse could they use to exclude their
fellow citizens from meetings that will affect them?
        Who - on that board of individuals - could possibly
connive to deprive the citizens of the information that is
conducted in the normal course of business?

ET

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]