From:   "Julian J. Myers", [EMAIL PROTECTED]

>All laws are "bans". How effective are they generally
>and in particular, and should we abandon them because
>they don't work 100%? Aren't the Firearms Acts "bans"?
>
>The current debate is not about "bans" as such, it's
>about what should and shouldn't be banned and why.

[snip]

Yes many laws are bans. But there is an important distinction to be
made, between the banning of objects and the banning of actions. IMO the
banning of actions (e.g. murder, theft, fraud) is most morally sound.
The banning of objects is less so and, more importantly, largely
ineffective.
--
Julian J. Myers

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]