From:   "E.J. Totty", [EMAIL PROTECTED]

>>I don't believe that cats feature on the fox's menu: mice, birds, worms,
>>fish & chips, pizza and hamburgers yes, but not domestic cats.
>
>Jonathan is right, foxes give domestic moggies their due respect. I once
>watched some night vision recordings of a back garden in the UK in which a
>moggie sat washing it's face right in the middle of a footpath. A large fox
>had to step around the moggie to be on his way - both ignored each other, as
>equally matched opponents generally do.
>
>The odd kitten may fall victim, but an adult cat is more than a match for
>any fox.
>
>Rusty

        Steve, & Rusty, & Jonathan,

        Okay, maybe you're correct on this. Surely you don't expect me
to admit my error, do you???
        Well, even if you do, I ain't a-gonna. So there! <much laughter>
        Anyway, here are some good fox research sites, and the second
one down even has a picture of a fox and a cat not more than 4 feet from
each other -- just sitting nonchalantly. Discussing the weather, I suppose,
as the cat doesn't even look the slightest perturbed.
        You'll have to forgive me, but the foxes I knew when I was a kid,
were a lot bigger than the cats we had. So, either the cats got bigger, or the
fox got smaller. Your guess.

http://www.csubak.edu/FACT/kitfox.html
http://www.foxbox.org/fact/index.html
http://www.foxes.org/urbanfox/
http://wildwnc.org/af/redfox.html
http://www.foxes.org/urbanfox/part2.html
http://animaldiversity.ummz.umich.edu/accounts/vulpes/v._vulpes$narrative.html#contents

--
These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and

ET

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

T O P I C A  -- Learn More. Surf Less.
http://www.topica.com/partner/tag01